Sydney's iconic Sun-Herald City2Surf 2020 is on Sunday 18 October 2020, it’s the 50th anniversary and this year the event is virtual, so more people can join in using the C2S app.
18 Oct 2020 6:00am - 6:00pm
Sydney's iconic Sun-Herald City2Surf 2020 is on Sunday 18 October 2020, it’s the 50th anniversary and this year the event is virtual, so more people can join in!
Hand sanitiser, social distancing, isolation, working from home…It’s all part of our ’new normal’. For events, the ‘new normal’ means a virtual event. It’s the perfect excuse to get a few mates together, enjoy the day and run, jog or walk 14kms in your neighbourhood to your own beat.
How does the virtual event work?
- Once you've registered you’ll receive an email with a link to download the C2S app
- Anytime between 6am and 6pm* on Sunday 18 October 2020, just open the C2S app and push ‘Start’. You’ll be tracked as if you're doing the actual C2S course - no matter where you are. (*MIA recommend avoiding the middle of the day when the UV rating is higher.)
- When you hit 14kms, the tracking will stop automatically, and your result will be submitted
- Be part of history! All finishers will receive C2S 50 year ‘bling’ (medal) and an exclusive 2020 bandana.
You’re invited to be a Charity Superstar!
Giving back to charity is the beating heart of City2Surf. Melanoma Institute Australia has 20 Charity Superstar places available to our fundraisers. We invite you to become one of 20 MIA Charity Superstars for this year’s City2Surf.
As a Charity Superstar you’ll be part of an exclusive group helping Melanoma Institute Australia achieve our mission of zero deaths from melanoma this decade. You’ll receive the following benefits:
- We’ll cover your C2S entry fee
- You’ll receive a ‘Run over Melanoma’ singlet, MIA hat and SunSense sunscreen
- Be part of the MIA and make a real difference for people impacted by melanoma
- Be rewarded for achieving your fundraising target of $1000 (we’ll support you!)
To apply to become a C2S Charity Superstar please click on the link below:
Together we can run over melanoma!
Visit the City2Surf website for more information about participating in this iconic event.
#City2Surf #LetsRunSydney #RunOverMelanoma.