Sun Protection: Facts and Controversies
18 January 2018
MIA Dermatologist A/Prof Pascale Guitera shares her knowledge on debunking myths and controversies on sunscreen. In this video, she answers questions that GPs are often asked in their clinic, including:
- What is the best sunscreen? Is there a difference between expensive and cheap sunscreens?
- What is SPF?
- Why do I need to reapply?
- What if I’m allergic to sunscreens?
- Can babies wear sunscreen?
- Are nanoparticles dangerous?
- Sunscreen gives me acne. What can I do?
- Does sunscreen decrease my vitamin D levels?